Friday, July 14, 2006

A Tail of Ten Kitties

Hello everyone! I haven't had much worthy of posting lately so I have decided to pay tribute to all my kittens past and present. For those of you who don't know I take in foster kittens with or without their mommy cat for a shelter here in Langley. I have actually had 14 kittens, contrary to my title, and 2 mommy cats. The first cat I got back last November. Her name was Honda. After about 2 weeks of her arrival she have 4 new arrivals of her own; Mazda, Charlie, Shrek, and Boots. I kept them until about January until they were big enough to be "fixed" and go to their new homes.

After what seemed like the longest time without having kittens to play with I received another mommy cat named "Dash" and her 5 - 1 week old kittens in April. This litter included a pure black kitten we named Diego, a pure orange one we named Oliver, a little tabby we called Nala, a long haired black and white named Panda and a long hair calico kitten we called Chase. I was so surprised that a litter could all be so different.


This week we had to say goodbye to our furry friends but got to exchange them for another litter of 5 who are just waiting to weigh 2 pounds so they can be spayed and neutered and be adopted out. Much to Nick's disappointment this round of energy already came with names; Charlie Brown (orange) Snoopy (black and white) Lucy (tabby) Linus (orange and white) and peppermint Patty (grey and white) I think that we will only have these guys for about 3 weeks or so. They are soooo cute, of course I always say that when I get a new batch. I don't have any pictures of these guys yet so I will post them when I do.

I love having kittens around the house. Sometimes it feels like I am forever filling food and water dishes and changing litter boxes but when a purring baby cuddles up with you when you are on the computer (like now) or watching TV, or reading I find it very relaxing and truly believe that it heals the soul and lowers the stress level. I hope there are many more to come!

2 comments:

Melissa Rougeau aka "'Yahyah" said...

If you could see Honda now... she looks like she ate Autum and Chloe.. and maybe a small puppy... she is HUGE.. her nick name is now Garfield!

Anonymous said...

wow, thats a lot of kittens. We have three cats and I have a hard time keeping up with them. Good luck and way to go on beibg a foster mommy.