Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Canada Day!

Happy (Belated) Canada Day to everyone. For the long weekend Mike, Deb, Brian and I and the kids went camping up to Harrison. It was an awesome weekend; the weather was perfect and a good time was had by all. The kids couldn't have slept better if they were at home in their own beds (or, I mean, my bed!) I was a little worried about Kayla because of her "every half hour crying fits" on our last camping trip. But they both slept solidly until morning all 3 nights. Below is a picture of our very unorganized campsite. But who needs to be organized when you're camping right?

We spent a little time each day down at the beach. We had to drive half way, park and then walk the rest of the way as it was too far to walk with the kids and all our gear. It was very busy, but we never had a problem finding a spot to sit or play. There was a lot of Canada Day festivities going on Saturday including a parade, which we missed because we were all napping and an amazing fireworks display right on the beach.

On the way home on Monday Brian and the kids and I stopped at Tug Boat Junction to play mini golf and have a miniature train ride. It was fun. Then we made our way home via Chilliwack for a pee stop for Kayla and lunch. It seemed to take forever to get home, but we made it. The weekend was very fun and exhausting at the same time. Can you imagine how much junk you need to take camping? Real camping? I could have made a list after 10 minutes of being there of stuff that we needed that didn't have. But that is what camping is all about; Improvising!




2 comments:

Melissa Rougeau aka "'Yahyah" said...

I WANT TO GO CAMPING!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys make me want to go camping! But then I think of everything you need to bring and I change my mind. Talk to you soon.