Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Day at the Lake

Yesterday was such a nice day out and I had nothing going on all day so I decided to take the kids up to the lake for the day. It was gorgeous! We spent the whole day at the water swimming and playing in the water and sand and at the park. Nicholas had a great time with his fish net as the lake is absolutely swarming with tadpoles. He would fill his bucket up and then dump them out only to fill it right back up again. I have never seen this many tadpoles in the lake before. Wont he be excited when they turn in to frogs! Good grief! We spent the later half of the late afternoon up in the shade at the motorhome and the kids were content to play with their toys on a towel in the grass. Then we had cold chicken and veggies and dip and potato salad for dinner and went home shortly after 8:00pm. I think the kids fell asleep before I even hit the freeway! Needless to say it was an extremely quiet ride home for me; and I am not complaining, believe me! Now it is Wednesday and I have to work the rest of the week until we go camping for the long weekend. Oh well, at least I am home during the day to enjoy the sunshine while it's here.

armed and dangerous

Nick swimming in the lake


Kayla's in there somewhere..

Catching tadpoles with Papa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pics! by lake do you mean the one in Hope?