Sunday, June 04, 2006

Nick vs the Canoe

I got the idea in my head that I wanted to have our family canoe at my house to use at my leisure, so this past week I went out to my Mom and Dads house to get it. It has been hanging in my Dads garage for the last 10 years plus. Well, anyone who knows my Dad, knows that there is not one single inch of wasted space in that garage! After shifting some things around, climbing up and over some "things", standing with my neck bent so that I wouldn't hit my head on the ceiling, and surprisingly not a lot of bad words, we managed to barely get it out. So needless to say, this weekend we went camping up to the lake and took the canoe. The weather turned out to be really sunny by Saturday afternoon and we were able to go out in it after dinner. Brian and I went first with Nicholas. It took a few minutes to get use to the balance but I think we did alright. Then Nick and I went out alone. He looked so grown up paddling along with me in the front of the boat. He did such a good job. It started to rain early this morning and was on and off all day. We did manage to get out in the canoe for a bit this afternoon before we came home. I have decided that we really need to get a camper or trailer or something. It really sucked packing away our tent and other stuff while it was all wet. Oh well, it was nice to get away as a family for the weekend!


Coming back in to shore with the sunset behind us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great pick! I can't wait till the kids are old enough to go camping. I suppose we could take them this year but I really seems like a lot of work at this stage. Maybe next year.