Monday, February 19, 2007

Whhewww!

Okay, where to start? It has been a while since I have actually posted something new. I have to say that I DID try to post a couple of times but kept getting frozen when I wanted to add in pictures..so frustrating. I have now switched over to the "new" blogger version so hopefully all will go smoothly in the future.
So what was it now that I wanted to post before?? Hmm...oh yes; Topic #1: Monster Trucks. On Saturday February 3rd we took the kids downtown to the Monster Jam. We didn't tell Nick where we were going, he just knew that we were going on the Sky Train (Yes!! this was the best news for him so far!! He has been begging for a train or bus ride- I guess he doesn't understand the blessing of owning your own car) and that we were going to need the ear plugs that we took a trip to Home Depot for earlier that day.
They loved the sky train. Nick had been on once before, but Kayla had never. They spent almost the entire way up on their knees looking out the window behind them. I thought for sure that Nick would hear something about the Monster Trucks from others on the train talking, that were also going to the same thing, but he didn't. I guess he was too excited about the ride. We arrived downtown a little early and got something to eat before walking over to B.C. Place. Nick had seen a little digital monster truck running on the big light board as we were climbing the stairs up to the stadium and he was like, " Mom, I just saw a monster truck on that board!" and I said, " Really? Hmm. that's odd" he still had no clue. Then we got inside....

It was so loud already and the trucks hadn't even come out yet! To make a long story shorter, they loved the show. There was little go cart races, motor-cross and of course, Monster Trucks! It was a great Family Adventure Night!


1 comment:

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

I love the surprise! Glad to see photos of the kiddies!!