Monday, January 15, 2007

Bye-Bye "Soo-Soo"

Good-bye, adios, sianora, see you later! How ever you want to say it, the result is still the same; It's GONE! This weekend we lost Kayla's soother, or "soo-soo" is what she called it. And no, we didn't lose it on purpose, neither are we tricking her, it (or they) went missing for real. She asked for it the first day and we looked everywhere for it with no luck, couldn't find any of the spare ones, and she hasn't brought it up since. It's amazing. So many times we have tried to get her to give it up. We even tried the "you can only have it in bed" rule, which only lasted a couple of weeks. And now they all go missing at once and I think she actually understands and seems to be okay with it. It's only been 3 days, but that is the most we have ever went without it. I even kept a ziplock bag with extras in her drawer just in case-they have all disappeared one by one too. Maybe the fabulous soo-soo fairy came down when we were all sleeping and collected them all (either that, or the dog has taken them all outside to bury). Well, lets hope they really are gone for good because if she finds one around the house that will be it!! I will keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

I sent her over after she was done taking all of Quinners bottles away! Yahoo for Kayla! So proud of her new found independence....and for you and B. and all the patience it takes to get there!!!

Melissa Rougeau aka "'Yahyah" said...

oh my goodness i thought the soosoo was going to be like my JD Blanket... still hangin on to it!
WAY TO GO KAYLA!! I guess i can forget about getting a spare for my car!

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy!
I found your blog through Marni's :)
Glad to hear about Kayla and her "soo-soo". Jimmy ONLY uses his for bedtime/naptime, but he sleeps with 5 of them! I FEAR the day we have to get rid of it. I was thinking of waiting until after age 2, and 'losing' the soother somwhere? Hopefully by that age he will be old enough to understand?Hm....